Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Makeover Games and Summer


Summer is the perfect time for makeover games. Every summer, I end the school year wearing a huge number of layers and identities that I’ve created for the various organizations I’m a part of. To get through the last bits of the frantic year, I’ve made up some different personas and there is nothing like summer vacation to help me shed those and rediscover who I truly am.

While I’m actually digging deeper into who I am, it appears as though I’m changing myself to others. This is why I term this particular change as makeover games. I’m making over myself again to get me back closer to who I really want to be. This doesn’t just involve fashion, although my look is definitely a part of it. By the end of the school year, I’ve gained a few pounds from stress eating that need to be dropped and I’ve gotten pretty dependent on a few wardrobe staples. I then have to toss out those items and start anew to find clothes to fit my shrinking shape in a glamorous, or at least comfortable, way.

No comments: