Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Makeover Games for Long Hair


I have long hair. There are times that I wish I could just run to the salon and ask them to lop it all off. I want to be cute and little with an adorable spiky haircut. Unfortunately, I’m not little. I’m very tall with broad shoulders. That means that cutting my hair ultra short will make my head look small. Or at least I think so. So for now I’m stuck with my longer hair. It gives my head a bit more balance and it is nice to be able to pull it back.

Long hair doesn’t last forever though unless you always wear it up. As you grow older, all the makeover games in the world can’t make you stop aging completely. Your face will show the signs of aging, of course, and having long hair hanging around your face actually pulls it down and makes you look older. So knowing that, I’m now thinking about the best time to do something with my own hair. I guess when I realize that I’m starting to look old I’ll get serious about a short haircut. When it that? Sixty? I have some time to grow still.

No comments: