Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wishing for Makeover Games


How many of us have stared into the mirror in the morning and wished for some serious makeover games? I know that I’d love to have a team ready to take on the task of getting me ready for every day looking my best, but the fact of the matter is – I’m on my own. That doesn’t mean I can’t deal with my own makeover games, of course, it simply means I have to plan a bit differently to get myself pulled together in the best ways. For me, makeover games are a chance to improve what’s already there – I just need to take the time to do it.

The next time I’m feeling like a makeover game is in order, I’m going to start by waking up twenty minutes earlier. This gives me time to do things I might not otherwise do. I can shower, I can do some stretches, I can blow dry my hair. In my morning routine, I’ll be sure to wake up completely so that I’m comfortable putting in my contacts and applying a bit of make up. It’s interesting how much more aware and awake I feel when I’m pulled together. On the days that I go looking like I rolled out of bed, I feel that way much of the day. The few times I know I look good, I actually feel better, too. It’s definitely something to consider every morning of the week.

No comments: